Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS Professional)Do you have a BS degree in Environmental, Health, and Safety or another related field?
Can you pair the degree with EHS experience? Do you have a working knowledge of 29 CFR 1910 and 29 CFR 1926? If you can answer yes to these questions, then TekSolv is looking for you to join our rapidly expanding safety, health, and environmental company. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 & 1926 standards with relevant experience in conducting inspections, industrial hygiene sampling, safety, and health training, developing safety procedures in a variety of industries, and be able to perform the duties listed below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and present safety training, including but not limited to the following: electrical, personal protective equipment, welding and cutting, fall protection, lockout/tagout, hand/power tools, confined space entry, HAZWOPER, and respiratory protection.
* Develop written OSHA related programs such as confined space entry, respiratory protection emergency response plans, and lockout/tagout.
* Perform safety and health-related audits, including but not limited to, OSHA compliance, hazard identification, and voluntary protection program (VPP).
* Perform industrial hygiene sampling (air, noise, etc.) and develop associated written reports to clients.
* Perform assessments that include: ergonomics, confined space, industrial hygiene exposures, and machine guarding.
* Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* BS degree in safety, engineering, or related field.* Experience with environmental, health, and safety management and compliance.* Excellent communication skills with strong planning, organizational and follow up skills.* Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize.* Excellent people and process management skills.* Computer skills (Microsoft Office, email etc.)* Certification (GSP, ASP, CSP, etc.) is preferred.
Candidate will be required to successfully complete and pass a drug and alcohol test as well as a background screening *(screening will cover state driving record as well as a criminal and federal background check). *Subject to applicable laws.