Are you a dynamic, well-rounded Environmental Health and Safety Leader with at least 5 years of experience as the go-to person for EHS at your facility? Do you have experience managing a staff of EHS professionals? If so, we are looking for you!
Our client is recruiting for a Manager of Environmental, Health, and Safety In Washington, MO, job 1189 at consentiumsearch.com This is a full-time position as an employee of our client.
The incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in manufacturing environments
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Demonstrated success leading and managing a staff of EHS professionals
- Demonstrated success in a Behavior-Based Safety environment
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Professional Certification (CSP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- ISO / OHSAS / VPP experience
- Partner with plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding the interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage local EHS staff of three
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume to Resumes at consentiumsearch.com referencing the job number listed and where you saw this posting.
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however, if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575