Doe Run has operated for more than 150 years as a responsible mining and metal production company. From exploration and development of new mineral resources, to recycling lead batteries and other lead-bearing materials, we are integral to the full lifecycle of lead. Our mining operations make up one of the largest lead mining districts in the world. Located in Southeast Missouri, our mines deliver lead, copper and zinc concentrates across the globe. We provide metal fabrication through our Seafab Metals Company subsidiary in Arizona and Washington. And, we operate one of the world’s largest single-site lead battery recycling plants, also located in Missouri, returning valuable lead metal and alloys to future use in batteries and essential products.
We are looking for a Safety Manager for our Resource Recycling Plant to provide subject matter expertise, leadership and oversight in the development and implementation of processes, programs and practices for employee health and safety, risk assessment, and related obligations. Drive results by effectively managing, maintaining and monitoring compliance with company policies and federal and state rules and regulations regarding safe work procedures and practices.
- Develop and implement safety & health policies, procedures, programs, and practices at Doe Run™ Resource Recycling and Cable Stripping facilities. Ensure the facility has the tools and knowledge necessary to comply with
- Provide division leadership as an active member of the BRRD management team
- Manage Doe Runs™ Metals Division medical program
- Responsible for planning and project management of safety and health related engineering and administrative projects
- Maintain, monitoring and report on blood lead program for the plant
- Manage, maintain, monitor and report on safety and health related issues associated with the change house at BRRD.
- Participate as a member of the BRRD Leadership team to lead a safety committee and provide input to support risk assessment for major company projects and impact decisions associated with division goals and priorities
- Supervise and lead performance for a team of professionals
- OSHA and MSHA permit prep and negotiation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Industrial Safety and/or Hygiene, or similar education
- A Minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience and proven success in leading industrial health and safety, preferably within a manufacturing or plant environment
- 2 or more years of experience supervising, mentoring, motivating and leading others.
- Experience with People Management and Financial systems is require; exposure to PeopleSoft, UltimatePro or Adaptive systems is a plus
- Strong understanding of OSHA Laws and experience applying them and engaging others in meeting requirements
- Knowledge of MSHA highly preferred
- Experience providing guidance and leadership relating to hazard identification and risk assessment
- Proficiency with Industrial Processes and Equipment, including applicable codes and standards
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Strong influential and decision making skills
- Proven experience in motivating and leading others
- Willingness and proven experience in leading, managing and communicating through change effectively.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills to include experience in all phases of the full project life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and a global provider of lead, copper and zinc concentrates. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling centers, located in Boss, Missouri, and mines from one of the world’s largest lead mining districts, also in Missouri. The Doe Run Company and its subsidiaries deliver products and services necessary to provide power, protection and convenience. Doe Run has operations in Missouri, Washington and Arizona. For more information, visit www.doerun.com and sustainability.doerun.com.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
To view current openings or apply, please visit www.doerun.com/careers