You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, J.W. Terrill a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Chesterfield, MO may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
J.W. Terrill is currently looking for a Loss Control Consultant. The Loss Control Consultant is responsible for the provision of risk management, loss prevention, and safety related services that will assist clients in the identification and remediation of various related hazards with an emphasis on employee safety and workers’ compensation. Technical knowledge of various regulatory standards is also required including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Effective communication skills are required with multiple entities (i.e., insurance company representatives, multiple client representatives, agency producers and support personnel). The Loss Control Consultant also provides training on a number of topics that are client and industry specific related to regulatory requirements, workers’ compensation cost control and various insurance requirements. This position serves a client base comprised primarily of construction/contracting and manufacturing companies within the St. Louis metropolitan area with occasional overnight travel required.
These services are provided in a number of ways that include phone consultation, onsite safety and program assessments with the clients with the provision of various multiple alternatives for risk management.
The Loss Control Consultant will also be called on to represent the Department and its services to prospective clients alone and in conjunction with the producers.
The Essential Functions for this role are:
- Work closely with producers and internal staff to provide loss control service to clients. Communicate and keep track of customer issues, projects, and progress.
- Assist clients in reducing actual and potential losses by recommending, implementing, and improving safety and loss control programs based on loss history, regulation, organizational needs, and industry “best practices”. This will involve:
- establishing relationships with clients
- making regular visits to client locations
- developing client safety policies and procedures
- researching safety and loss control issues
- analyzing client loss information
- developing and conducting presentations and training sessions with client management and employees
- Serve as a liaison between insurance company loss control and clients by coordinating visits and service plans. Follow-up and assist clients with implementing recommendations submitted by insurance company loss control representatives.
- Attend industry and professional meetings, conventions, seminars, and training courses within scope of employment.
- Assist with development and serve as faculty for client education seminars.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years insurance loss control or safety consulting/engineering experience with construction, manufacturing and related industries. A required knowledge of OSHA regulations for construction and general industry, loss control “best practices” and workers compensation programs. A preferred knowledge of loss control strategies related to vehicle operations, fire prevention, general liability, etc. Knowledge of DOT, NFPA, ANSI and Industrial Hygiene Practices is a plus.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Please email Ronda Daehnke, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position and she can direct you to the applicant portal.