The Safety Manager works closely with the Safety Director, Management, including Project Managers, Superintendents and other company leaders to manage the company-wide safety program. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience working with owners, OSHA and other safety professionals in order to continue the strong tradition of safety excellence at Ben Hur.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists, plans, creates, implements and enforces safety policies / procedures in compliance with Local, State, Federal, project, and Company rules and regulations including, but not limited to OSHA
- Advises the Safety Director and management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions
- Assists with the planning and execution of the Education & Training program
- Conduct regular jobsite safety inspections. Notify and follow through with responsible parties when corrective actions are required
- Performs / Assists supervisory personnel in investigating any incident or near miss
- Assists with coordinating agendas and participating in Safety Committee meetings
- Assists in reporting and managing insurance claims
- Assists with maintenance of Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Helps to stablish safety program goals and objectives with the Safety Director
- Assists to ensure compliance with Ben Hur, Owners, GC, and OSHA safety standards.
- Basic understanding of State worker compensation laws and reporting requirements
- Education & experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university in Safety Management or similar field
- OSHA 30 (will provide if necessary)
- OSHA 500 (Will provide if necessary)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, or customers.
- Must have current driver’s license
- Ability to build trust and confidence with the Project Managers and Superintendents to influence change and direction while providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality at all times and handle sensitive situations with respect and professionalism
- Ability to travel overnight for division or project needs; Average 5 – 8 days a month
- Ability to sit, stand, walk (flat ground, uneven ground, up-stairs or ramps) Stand for long periods of time, climb ladders
Ben Hur Construction (BHC Holdings) is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If interested, please send your resume to Chris Wolf at email@example.com or call at 314-218-2136.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager – St. Louis, MO
Posted: Dec 26, 2019
Want to become part of a winning team with opportunities for growth, career advancement and development? WFF Facility Services is proud to provide an environment where we support you and your drive for success. We have a passionate commitment to learning and investing in our associates looking to accelerate their careers. We offer a wide range of employment opportunities for professionals and entry level candidates who share our core values.
Job Skills / Requirements
The EHS Manager/Director works collaboratively with all business and support areas to assess soundness of the safety environment. Role includes understanding the operational risk within these groups, providing related risk assessments and educating company’s management to achieve overall company goals and minimize financial loss. In the broadest sense we wish to continue to “Create Safe Environments that Enrich lives and Facilitate Success”; where safe practices are intuitive as wearing a seat belt – Commitment vs. Compliance
- • Provide operational risk direction, guidance and education, and provide input on operational risk issues, e.g. incidents/ complaints/ errors, operational risk part of new products, policies & procedures, business resiliency
- • Continuous evaluation and improvement of company’s Risk Control initiatives
- • Assist in ensuring company-wide adherence to all federal and state regulations relating to safety in the workplace
- • Pro-actively seek enhancements to company’s Risk Management programs, resources and educational materials
- • Build and maintain relationships at all appropriate levels of management and control functions (e.g., legal, compliance), Demonstrate continuous interaction, sharing of best practices to address common control or risk concerns, raising the level of management understanding in terms of emerging risks that impact their business
- • Work with business and support areas to ensure (I) corrective action plans adequately address the risk, (II) regular status reports are provided to senior management of critical issues, and (III) significant concerns of delays in action plans are escalated to senior management as necessary
- • Conduct or coordinate safety related training at the corporate office or in the field via new employee orientation ongoing training and retraining initiatives
- • One of key liaisons with third party insurance and safety partners
- • Oversee and manage all workers compensation, GL and auto claims, utilizing third party resources to minimize company’s financial exposure and future experience
- • Coordinate and direct company managers in post-accident handling of workers compensation claims
- • Lead the Safety Committee(s) and ensure proper documentation and follow up is achieved
- • Devise and compile documents & reports to educate, inform and support company leadership
- • Assist with support of Operational and other departments as needed Required Skills and Qualifications
- • Independent and self-motivated
- • Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- • Highly organized and proactive
- • Ability to perform error root-cause and trend analysis of issues to prevent re-occurrence
- • Skilled in risk and trend identification and mitigation techniques
- • Strong influencing skills
- • Superior communication skills
- • Preferred minimum 5-10 years experience in safety and risk management
- • May be required to travel, including overnight and weekends, to attend work-related conferences/ seminars, or assist at company’s business locations
- • Preferred Certified Safety Professional with ASSP
- • Creative abilities-due to our business model and team composition
- • Prefer facilities and trades background
- • Strong interpersonal/ influencing/ communication skills-key to make safety an “embedded conversation”
- • 25% travel requirements [less]
Education Requirements (Any)
Certification Requirements (Any)
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Travel is required occasionally
Click HERE to apply on WFF Facility Services website.