Job Title: Safety Coordinator Job Details
Division: St. Louis Cold Drawn LLC
Location: St. Louis, MO, United States
Other Available Locations: Illinois
Basic Job Functions:The Nucor St. Louis Cold Drawn Safety Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, taking care of our customers by executing the division’s safety, quality, cost, productivity, and profitability objectives. The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for providing effective professional safety and health support to all Nucor St. Louis Cold Drawn teammates to improve and sustain a culture that values safety above all else. The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of loss prevention, safety, health, security and fire control efforts for all teammates and facilities. Responsibilities also include: working with state and federal safety regulations, analyzing compliance, implementing best practices, implementing effective communication systems for safety and health issues, maintaining the safety management system, assisting with the development of safe job analysis and safe job procedures, identifying training needs and delivering training, auditing safety efforts, participating in and/or leading safety focus teams, coordinating industrial hygiene monitoring, and leading and participating in Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Programs (SHARP). Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Experience working with Safety Management Systems and standards in the steel manufacturing environment
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Radiation Safety Officer Certification
- OSHA 30-hour training
- Certified to conduct OSHA trainings
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace
Safety Coordinator – St. Louis, MO
Posted: Nov 06, 2018
Musselman & Hall Contractors LLC
We are a large union construction company with offices in Kansas City, St. Louis, and Wichita, KS, specializing in concrete, asphalt and railroad work. We currently have openings in Kansas City and St. Louis for the position of Safety Coordinator. This role’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Director of Safety and Risk Management with site inspections, safety training, incident investigations, and records maintenance.
- Perform site visits and make safety recommendations
- Audit for compliance to existing safety programs
- Prepare, deliver, and document safety training
- Conduct incident and claim investigations
- Audit DOT compliance
- Provide necessary safety information to operations team
- Issue, order, and track safety equipment usage
- Oversee the implementation of the company’s drug and alcohol compliance
- Maintain safety data, information, and metrics
- Monitor open workers’ compensation claims and return to work program
- Other duties as assigned
- Self starter and works well with limited supervision
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to manage priorities and stay organized
- Customer service skills
- Work confidentially with sensitive information
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand complex regulations and communicate them understandably
- Desire for continuing education
- Bachelor’s degree (experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Construction experience (safety related experience a plus)OSHA 30-hour Construction or other safety related certifications preferred
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO.
- Employment is contingent on passing a drug and background screening.
Senior Health and Safety Engineer – St. Louis, MO
Posted: Nov 01, 2018
Senior Health and Safety Engineer
REQUISTION NUMBER: JR000008942 APPLY HERE: https://mallinckrodt.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MallinckrodtCareers/job/St-Louis-MO-Pharma—USA032/Sr-Health—Safety-Engineer_JR000008942-1
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
An integral member of the site Safety Team whose primary responsibilities are to ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety SOP’s, corporate standards and OSHA regulations, identify hazardous workplace conditions, remove hazards and/or protect employees by developing and implementing Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s) and risk assessments, and identify and implement activities and processes to continually improve the organization’s safety culture, The Sr. H&S Engineer will take a lead role in revising and improving the site’s safety procedures and management systems and may be a member of the site Emergency Response Team. The candidate must be an independent worker with a strong sense of customer service.
The position serves may serve as a technical EHS systems and operational excellence resource for the EHS Department at the St. Louis Site. This position may serve as the principle point of contact for EHS metric data gathering and reporting for the St. Louis Plant. The candidate must therefore must exhibit a working knowledge of EHS systems and principles, working knowledge of the laws, ordinances and regulations governing EHS compliance efforts.
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety SOP’s, corporate standards and OSHA regulations
- Lead efforts as a team member in analyzing and continually improving the site’s Safety Culture
- Develop and mentor others in developing Job Safety analyses (JSA’s) and risk assessments.
- Monitor and take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standards.
- Ensure that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Develop, communicate and monitor EHS related metrics for the St. Louis Plant.
- Investigate and prepare required reports on injuries and incidents.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and champion change when faced with adversity while incorporating team input.
- Conduct safe work procedure and other safety training courses including HAZCOM, Life Safety Permitting, and emergency response.
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up operation, and trouble shooting.
- Provide EHS support to engineering staff for project design and start-up safety reviews.
- Collaborate with project engineering staff to utilize Prevention through Design (PtD) techniques to eliminate, mitigate, and or reduce hazard exposures during conceptual, detailed design, and final design phases of capital projects.
- Monitor contractor EHS compliance through Browz system. Provide input regarding such on projects and overrides where necessary.
- Ensure accountability, transparency, and effective communication cross-functionally and within the safety team and the EHS Department while guaranteeing information is timely, clear and accurate.
- Provide EHS support for all Management of Change activities in supported value streams.
- Utilize the EHS management system software, EHS Suites, to ensure all incidents, near misses, and EHS related activities are captured, processed, and evaluated according to site SOPs. Support includes the creation, completion, and tracking of corrective action items.
- Supply the highest level of internal and external customer service while having the ability to diplomatically challenge established procedures and systems.
- Maintain an acceptable level of 5S in the area.
- Lead and participate in Root Cause analysis teams.
- Lead and participate in Corporate EHS Core team and Continuous Improvement efforts within the organization.
- Lead/support EHS initiatives and EHS Capital and Maintenance projects. Develop EHS strategies that ensure corporate sustainable solutions.
- Participate in LEPC and RICERP industry groups for emergency response, as needed.
- Respond to plant emergencies as needed. Provide either field support or command center subject matter expertise during response to all emergencies.
- Assist in compliance with DHS CFATS standards.
- Manages and provides direction to subordinates to accomplish tasks.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Occupational, Safety and Health Engineering or related safety/technical field. Advanced degree and/or professional certification (CSP, CHMM, CIH) preferred
Experience: Minimum 4-8 years of experience as a Safety Professional required. Experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment working with hazardous materials preferred. Experience with internal and external audits and inspections for regulatory compliance.
- Ability to prepare and communicate technical data for use by a variety of different audiences, such as the Site Leadership, supervisors, senior engineers/scientists, technical expert, and operators.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and wear personal protective equipment to include full body suit and respiratory equipment.
- Experience in continuous improvement such as Sig Sigma or Lean activities.
- Working knowledge of Title 29, Code of Federal Regulations Part 1910 and Part 1926.
- Skill in evaluating, planning (including strategic planning), organizing, and reviewing regulations to determine compliance with OSHA and Corporate Safety and Health regulations, guidelines, and policies. Knowledge of statistical analysis to effectively evaluate trends.
- Ability to use safety management and engineering practices for the continuous improvement of Plants TRR and workers compensation rates.
- NIMS and HAZWOPER trained
- Experience in aspects related to DHS/Regulations (6 CFR). Must be Chemical Vulnerability Information certified.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications required.
- Solid past performance as an EHS professional.
- Experience with unit operations and both batch and continuous processes. Working knowledge of the physical side of chemical process engineering including P&ID, General Arrangement and process piping reviews.
- Knowledge of cGMP, PSM and environmental regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to implement and achieve continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to drive change with influence.
- Action Orientated Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Written Communications
- Process Management
- Time Management
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP/SCOPE: This position reports to the Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety located in St. Louis, MO. The Senior Health and Safety Engineer supports the EHS goals and functions of the pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. This position interacts with all levels of the plant from Production Operators to Senior Site Leadership and Corporate Management. This position will predominantly interact with manufacturing and maintenance departments. Will interact and coordinate vendor activities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position works both in an Office and Plant setting, both indoor and outdoor. Outdoor conditions will include the temperature and weather extremes found in the St. Louis Region. Overtime may be required as need, and incumbent may be required to report to work early or stay after normal working hours and may require weekend or holiday work. This position will rotate on-call duties which include weekend/holiday coverage of plant operations. This position respond to plant emergencies and participate in mitigation activities on shift or off shift and may require use of personal protective equipment to include