Job Description for Senior Site Safety and Health Officer (SrSSHO)
HydroGeoLogic, Inc. (HGL) has a high visibility position open for a Senior Site Safety
and Health Officer in St. Louis, MO to support HGL’s growing business. HGL is a leader in
the environmental remediation industry, with over 30 years of experience providing
comprehensive engineering and design services by implementing innovative, effective, and
sustainable solutions that address environmental, infrastructure, and natural resource
management challenges. HGL provides environmental engineering, remediation, and
construction services, as well as Military Munitions Response Program support to U.S.
Department of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Department of
Energy, and other federal and state government clients. HGL offers a dynamic work
environment for creative, energetic professionals.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, documenting and enforcing
safety and health at two radiological remediation sites in St Louis, MO. The SSHO serves as
the primary onsite contact for S&H during all work activities. The SSHO will be assisted by
a Site Safety Representative at each site.
The SSHO responsibilities include:
- Ensures complete and correct field execution of S&H plans, to include the
performance of required monitoring, work practices and hazard evaluations.
- Coordinates accident prevention by providing oversight of work activities and
awareness of all site operations
- Conducts daily safety and health inspections, maintains deficiency log,
responsible for daily identification of hazards and recommended corrective
actions, maintains hazard communication program with safety data sheets
- Ensures that all onsite personal have demonstrated understanding of S&H Plans,
conducts onsite safety meetings, reviews S&H documents for required updates,
implements planned onsite contingency and emergency response program
- Coordinates with Project Manager, onsite gov’t representatives, subcontractor
safety professionals and radiological safety officer to ensure project success.
This position requires a minimum of 5 plus years of directly applicable experience
performing the onsite functions of Health and Safety Officer at hazardous, toxic, and
radiological waste sites and experience implementing safety and health procedures in the
Risk Control Consulting Director – California
Posted: Jun 12, 2018
Job Title: Risk Control Consulting Director
Job Location: California Work from home
Recognized as the most senior level technical expert in a risk control specialty. Individual contributor responsible for the overall assessment evaluation and/or delivery of risk control consulting services and technical support on the most complex risk exposures to support underwriting profit. In conjunction with senior level management works within the broadest limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Has regional industry segment or company-wide scope of responsibility in specialty area. Supports business primarily in the Orange County and Los Angeles branch service areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services on the most complex and/or sophisticated accounts.
- Conducts loss analysis on individual accounts or designated book of business to identify root cause, trends and emerging issues and develops business solutions and products to minimize exposures with corresponding training materials to educate both internal and external customers on the issue as necessary.
- Assesses customer’s risk control program needs and develops and executes a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan. Manages the delivery of direct evaluative and consultative services.
- Partners with underwriting, claim and other areas to provide information for risk evaluation and assessment on the most complex and/or sophisticated risks.
- Participates with senior management in the development and implementation of risk control policy, marketing and business strategy.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Provides account coordination of risk control services for multinational and global insured accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for and/or develops new products and services.
- Provides expertise in specialized area such as industrial hygiene, property engineering, fire prevention, ergonomic services.
- Mentors less experienced risk control staff and other functional areas. May participate in the development and presentation of education and training programs.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- The highest level of technical and product specific expertise, risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, marketing and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience. One or more professional designations preferred.
- Typically a minimum ten of years risk control experience with proven track record of results. Successful candidate will have experience working with manufacturing, technology and other white collar segment risks.